Privacy & Cookies
I appreciate any concerns you might have regarding sharing information with us over the Internet, and wants to assure you of your confidentiality and security.
This Policy does not apply to the practices of third parties that I do not own , the including any third party payment services, such as PayPal, delivery companies such as Royal Mail. P!ease refer to the privacy policies of these organisations.
1. Who are ‘we’?
Tweed with a Twist is a micro-business, owned and operated solely by myself, Nora Schivas. The terms ‘We’, ‘I’, ‘She’ refer only to me.
2. How do we collect information from you?
We obtain information when you use our website, through:
- the order completion process.
- e-mail correspondence to arrange custom orders and for the purposes of follow-up customer service.
- cookies that collect aggregate, and therefore anonymous, information.
3. What information do we collect from you?
To fulfil your order, you must provide us with certain personal information, such as:
- your name
- e-mail address
- phone number
- delivery address
- the details of the product that you’re ordering.
- You may also choose to provide me with additional personal information (for a custom order , for example), if you contact me directly.
Please note that all payment information is processed by a secure third-party provider ( PayPal) and no details are accessible to , or stored by , Tweed with a Twist.
We may also occasionally collect information regarding what pages are accessed purely for analytics purposes. (Please scroll down and read the section titled ‘COOKIES’ for further information on this.)
4. Why do we need your information?
We collect this data in order to offer a better service to meet your needs, and your information may be used to help us:
- process and deliver your order
- provide excellent customer service
- comply with a legal obligation or court order or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law
5. Do we share your information?
We will NOT sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties except when:
- we employ companies or individuals to assist in order fulfilment, such as courier companies to deliver packages. In which case, these parties only have access to information needed to perform their functions (e.g. name and address), and may not use it for other purposes.
- we are required by law to do so, having been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of (prospective) legal proceedings.
- you provide false or inaccurate information to us and we suspect fraud. We will record this and may share it with fraud investigation organisations.
6. How long do we keep your information?
7. Is your information secure?
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure, therefore suitable physical and electronic procedures have been put in place to protect the data collected by us, including the use of SSL encryption (Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software on all pages of this site ( https:// prefix and padlock icon. shown, it is good practice to check this on any site you may visit!) , secure locked vault storage of hard copies of data kept for legal and tax purposes.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information.
- Access: You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information I hold about you by contacting me using the contact information below.
- Change, restrict, delete: You may also have rights to change, restrict my use of, or delete your personal information. I will delete your personal information upon request, except where I am required to store data for legal reasons.
- Object: You can object to
- (i) my processing of some of your information based on my legitimate interests and
- (ii) receiving marketing messages from me after providing your express consent to receive them. In such cases, I will delete your personal information unless it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain: If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about my use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
10. How can you contact Tweed with a Twist ?
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Nora Schivas, am the data controller of your personal information.
Please email me at : tweedwthatwist [at!]hotmail.co.uk
- you would like to update or delete any of the personal data we hold about you
Alternatively, you can write to me at
Tweed with a Twist
Starthaven ML10 6QD UK
COOKIES: What are they and Why do we use them?
This website sets performance cookies to collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
This website sets functionality cookies. These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in), the contents of your cart, and provide enhanced, more personal features. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as watching a video or commenting on a blog. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
You may of course block cookies using the settings in your browser. You may also prefer to delete cookies and browsing history after each session, whether on this site or any other.